Here's what goes into a modified CAN adapter to make it SWCAN.
Top of the board. Using a new solder tip and it had been a while, so don't hate :)
Bill of materials
- 1x Bluetooth OBD adapter with regular CAN support (uses MCP2551 CAN transceiver).
- 1x 8056 SWCAN transceiver.
- some small wires (I cut open a USB cable to get the thin green and white wires shown).
- Discrete parts list from mouser.com (this is the BOM that I order to make more of these).
- Electroboards SOIC-8 breakout-board. These are about $1 each. Highly recommended.